Friday 23 November 2007

One Month Anniversary!!!

Well it's been one month since the accident. I had my surgery 2 weeks ago today.

I have seen enough "who's your baby's daddy" shows, I've bashed in enough walls, doors and cupboards with my wheel chair, I have cried more than ever because I miss David so freekin' much and I have struggled up and down stairs enough to last a million damn life times but do you know what?

American's celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday. I listened to people listing the multitude of things they were thankful for this year. I started to say I was thankful for NOTHING this year until I thought a little harder.

My memories
My Nick
My Matt
My Mom
My Cindy
My Shelley & John
All of my nieces and nephews
All of my Aunts, Uncles and cousins
My friends
My work
My neighbors
My strength
My stubbornness
My undying, rediculous beyond words, positive attitude!

I truly am blessed. With one month behind me and a little bit more to go I will come out of this and hopefully, hopefully be on a path of eternal bliss.
Ya think?
xoxoxoxoxoxox

3 comments:

patsyrose said...

You are woman. You are strong. You are mine and I'm so very, very proud of you.

The words, "this too shall pass", are true. We find our strengths when they are needed and we do survive.

Believe it.

Anonymous said...

Kim your Mom is right this too will pass. You are such a strong person and I know sometimes it seems like the strength is all gone. But, it is there maybe just taking a rest too.
Love you and you are in our prayers. I meant what I said we have an extra bedroom if you need some Florida time.

Kim said...

You guys remind me that I am blessed...thank you.