Sunday 25 May 2008

Tiara Weekend

I have just returned from the most amazing weekend.

Last year Cindy returned from her annual Girl's Weekend and announced that I must accompany her this year. You see, the motel they rent holds 16 people. Their group is about 8. They were so roudy that the owner, Barb asked them to try to fill the place so she wouldn't have to worry about other guests. Each member was therefore asked to bring one guest. I resisted, God knows I resisted. Cindy insisted, again and again. I finally was worn down.

More than ten years ago this tradition was started. Cindy has been participating for at least 5 years. It is called Tiara Weekend. They rent a tiny little, for lack of a better word, motel. This place is so pretty. It has four teeny, tiny cottages in front. The main motel has 3 or 4 rooms on each of the first two floors. These rooms have 2 beds and a sitting/kitchen area. The 3rd/top floor is the 'penthouse'. It has a big kitchen, a larger living room area, 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and then a huge bedroom with an ensuite.

Each year a new 'queen' is chosen. I can't divulge the process because 'What happens in Southampton stays in Southampton'. The queen is in charge of organizing the weekend.

This weekend my wonderful sister was the Queen. She did a kick ass job. The meals are organized ahead of time and are prepared by and brought up by the assigned people. This year for breakfasts we had french toast and the last morning we had eggs benedict. For dinner we had an Italian night (compliments of Cindy and I) which consisted of Caesar salad, Lasagne and was followed by a fabulous Limoncello Cheesecake! The other night we had Ribs, baked potato & salad. There was never a shortage of food.

And we drank. (remember, what happens in Southampton stays in Southampton) End of that story.

I took pictures (see above disclaimer).

We laughed like I haven't laughed in a very, very long time.

These are friends (some I have met before, some I haven't) that will stay in my heart for years to come, Cindy & I, Margie, Anita, Debbie, Laura, Wilma, Brandy, Laurie, Sandy, Darlene, Karen and Julie. Each one of these women made this weekend an amazing and fun adventure. I've already put my downpayment on for next year.

To my new friends, I GIVE YOU THE TWO FINGER SALUTE! LOL

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

May you have many, many more wonderful weekends like that.

When men are around, women become competitive but when the crowd consists of only women you get to see the "real" person underneath.

No-one ever has as much fun as a group of women.

Now tell me, what did my Cindy do to be queen? I'm afraid of the answer!