Saturday 23 December 2006

Nicholas & Natasha

My beautiful son and his even more beautiful new wife had a Christmas Open House last night.

Last Christmas these guys got engaged. We thought maybe a little too quickly but unfortunately these things are beyond a parent's control. The wedding was going to be October 2006. Again, a little to quick for this Momma. Then came a phone call on Saturday, March 11th. The wedding was going to be in two weeks because they were getting transfered to Calgary! My world was spinning (AGAIN!). In hind sight it was all OK and right, but then...there were so many things that were not right. My Mom was in Florida. My sister and her family were in Florida as well. As you have read previously our family is very important. This was a monumental step in my baby's life that would not be celebrated the way I wanted it to be. This was just 8 months after my Dad had died, just 3 months after David's surgery. I'm afraid I really wasn't much help to these guys. But they pulled it off! A full blown, beautiful gowns & tuxes, flowers & food wedding. There were still lots of our awesome family there to celebrate with us. Unbelievable. It was very emotional knowing that they would be heading off to Calgary a few days later. Nicholas excited about being off on a new and prosperous career with Moore's and Natasha kicking and screaming all the way. I don't blame her. I would absolutely hate leaving my Hamilton. Vacations are wonderful but my roots are right here. I was really worried about the possibility of them settling down out there, having babies and never having the opportunity to be a grandparent to my grandkids like my parents so perfectly were to theirs. As fate would have it, Nicholas took an opportunity to work for Edward Jones and they ended up coming back home for good in August. They have a beautiful little house within walking distance of us. Instead of grand children I am the proud Gramma of a funny looking dashound/jack russell/welsh terrier with an enormous head. His name is Spencer. He is badly misbehaved but he is also the sweetest little thing.

Last night at the open house I was so proud of the beautifully decorated, cozy home that the kids have made for themselves. They are settling in for a long, fabulous life together.

Merry, merry first Christmas to my baby and his beautiful wife. xoxoxoxoxoxox

2 comments:

patsyrose said...

I almost wish I was there. Almost!

Kim said...

I certainly wish you were here. We had a wonderful dinner with Cindy & Dennis tonight, then went to Leigh & Enids for a bit, then to Sharon & Jim's. Missed you.
xoxoxoxoxo