Friday 19 January 2007

Beautiful Snow


Last week we experienced an ice storm. This is an event that people in the southern climates could never appreciate. Everything is covered in 1/4" of ice. When the sun shines it is the most extraordinarilly beautiful sight I think I will ever see. Its very magical.

Today it is snowing very hard. But the snow flakes are light and fluffy. Another beautiful sight. I used to have a house that had large windows in the kitchen. On days like today I used to love making a coffee and just sitting by the wrap around windows day dreaming.

Then there are days like the other day when it is so freekin' cold the snot freezes in your nose. My Miami brother-in-law was horrified when he heard this! LOL

2 comments:

patsyrose said...

That blog sort of reminded of the story about the robin singing sweetly outside the bedroom window early in the morning. The story goes on and on...and in the end the person trying to sleep slams the window on the robin and kills him.

I really liked the first part of your blog best. The last part brought us back to reality!

Shelley said...

He also couldn't believe it when I told him we'd wear a scarf around our faces to absorb the snot!! LOL

I can picture that beauty and miss it - that brightness that would both dazzle and blind!

Love ya!