Friday 26 January 2007

You know what I mean.....

This happens to me more and more often. Usually it is with my husband and he gets so mad at me. Today it was with the lady at the bank. It went something like this;

Her "So, I guess Enid is on vacation, where did she go?"
Me "She went to visit her son in Southern California then they drove up to (BLANK!!!) (pause) you know that big place where you stand on the edge and look down?"
Her "Ya, I know what you mean (BLANK!!) ya, that big empty thing!"
Me "Ya, like the Rocky Mountains in reverse!"
Her (pause) "The GRAND CANYON!!!"
Heavy, heavy laughter
Me "Ya that's it"

My life is like a great big...(pause)... What's that game?

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

We call those "senior moments". It can happen at any age but gets worse as you get older. Sorry!