Wednesday 31 October 2007

Lisfranc injury

Well, I got home from Buenes Aires on Monday, Oct 22nd. I went to work on Tuesday not feeling very well because of the bug I caught in Buenes Aires. I thought I may have strep throat so I made an appointment with my Doc for Tuesday afternoon. On my way back to work I got in a horrible, basically head on, accident. I saw it coming and remember thinking, Oh God this is going to be bad. Right away I knew my foot was messed up.

I was taken to the hospital via ambulance. I found out that all the 'long bones' in my right foot were broken away from the joints closer to my heel. This injury is refered to as a "lisfranc" injury.

I was in the hospital for a week waiting for the swelling to subside, then they decided that the doc I had was not comfortable doing my surgery. He recommended that I go to another hospital where the doc there dealt with this kind of injury. My Mom and I went there yesterday and found out they can't do the surgery till next Wednesday!

After doing some research and listening to the doc, this is not for the light hearted. I will be completely off my feet for two months! We'll see!!

Anyway, this leaves me a lot of time to blog. I'll keep you all updated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim I am so sorry but, like they say there is a silver lining. It could have been so much more serious. Our prayers are with you if you need some recoup time we live closer than Shelley and we would love to have you visit.

Shelley said...

I KNEW you should have stayed with us! :-)

Heal fast, read some great books, eat all the ice cream you want!!

Love you to the moon!

bluebird of paradise said...

oh kim, i am so sorry to hear about your accident. faye told me the other day. i hope the surgery goes well and you are soon on the mend. this was not a good year for you. it has to get better next year. keep your chin up.
lots of love
aunti m

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!