Wednesday 7 February 2007

Guilty pleasures

I am very fortunate to work in our family business. My boss/cousin is the President. I have another cousin who is the Plant Manager and a very good friend who works under the Plant Manager. The four of us play Texas Hold'em every lunch hour (well maybe not 'hour') and have for over a year. We have actually played 262 games. How do I know this you ask? We have a spread sheet that would bring tears to the eyes of most accountants!!!!! We calculate wins, losses, seconds, thirds, buy-ins, and the list goes on and on. We have a 'bounty' game every Friday. There's more on the line that day. We track that too.

Each and every one of us looks forward to our games every day. The fact that we are surprisingly close in all standings amazes us. We are all very different in our techniques.

There are times when the game goes on for an hour and a half. There are times when my co-workers get a little pissed at us. Oh well. Life is too darn short to make everybody happy. We are having fun and hurting no one (except when one of us gets 'rivered' we have an elastic that we have that we can snap on the person who rivered us!).

So don't try to call me anytime between 12:00 and um... well better to call me in the morning. LOL

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

Do Not..and I really mean DO NOT let Leigh read your blogs.