Wednesday 18 April 2007

They still call

My cousin blogged about her kids watching TV too much. It got me to thinking about what kind of mother I am. Like her, I started out wanting the very best for my babies. Their father and I decided I would stay home with them in the beginning. I loved every minute of it even though we sure could have used the extra income. I think it was worth it. Unfortunately circumstances happen that are beyond our control. There are so many regrets that I have and that I would change if I could in a heart beat. I feel so responsible for a lot of the struggles my kids have. If only....I'm guessing a lot of parents feel this way. Bottom line is most of us do the very best we can given the circumstances we are dealt. Both boys still call me almost every day (and not just cause they need something!). I am loved despite it all :)

2 comments:

patsyrose said...

We all do the best we can and we all know we could have done better. We're usually terribly young and immature when we're raising our babies and don't realize until we get older that there were serious mistakes made. Somehow we survive and the love survives. Thank heavens!

Nick Cleroux said...

You are very much loved. We had more than you can imagine we did. 'You dun good'.