Friday 27 April 2007

One month gym anniverary!

I made it! One whole month of going to the gym! My goal was to lose 10 lbs. Only made 8 of that. Not too bad. I had my assessment last week. She told me that I wasn't eating enough! She said I was eating the wrong stuff. She gave me hell for the amount of salt I was eating! I am addicted to Strubb's pickles...no more :( She suggested I eat more protein. She even suggested a glass of wine now and then. Wow. My problem has been my damn blood pressure. She couldn't even finish the assessment because my blood pressure was something like 180/120! It's never been that high. She told me I would have to go to my doctor to get clearance to use weights. That was on the 20th. I my low impact aerobic class on the 24th. During class I became dizzy and felt sick and felt like I was going to pass out. I slowed down until the feeling passed but it was aweful. When I got home I took my blood pressure and it had crashed...105/70 or something like that! Hopefully, with my doctors help, loosing weight and going to the gym I can get off blood pressure meds altogether.
My goal for next month is 10 more pounds...

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Nice new look sis! Eight pounds!!! That's awesome!! Good for you - and doing it the right way too! Step away from the pickles! Love ya!

bluebird of paradise said...

good for you kim! i rejoined weight watchers yesterday. my weight is up again. i had lost 45 pounds( a while ago) and i've been steadily climbing. i've learned one thing, there ain't no ceiling!. my reasons for wanting to lose is also health related. i'm borderline diabetic and am trying to stay off meds. so far so good. i try to get to the gym 3x a week. it helps to have a pal. we motivate each other plus we get to catch up on each other's lives. it's been something to look forward to, not dread.