Thursday 20 November 2008

I'm supposed to be Pack leader


I have two, very spoiled, jack russels. They think I am their Mom. Bailey follows me EVERY WHERE! This is Baker, she likes to jump up on my lap for kisses and hugs. They sleep in the lap of luxury in my bedroom. I don't allow them up on my bed but they have pillows and blankets on the floor. I worry that my neighbors will hear me talking to them like they are little babies and think I have finally lost my mind. I baby them, well, Baker particularily, a lot.

Every day when I come home they get a chicken jerky treat. They absolutely love these treats. I let them outside as soon as I get home. Baker barely pees before she comes dashing through the house and starts jumping where her treats are kept. Bailey follows behind but is far too fat to jump. When I give them their treat they go flying into the family room to indulge.

Today, I was out of chicken jerky. I let them out, Baker came flying in and began her ritual. I took the tin down and handed her a rawhide roll. She actually took it in her mouth, realized what it was and SPIT it at my feet! I told her that was all I had. She picked it up and walked to the family room like she had the weight of the world on her shoulders!

I went to the store and bought them their chicken jerky...cause that's what a good Mom would do!

5 comments:

Nick Cleroux said...

Loser

Kim said...

You're mean! Those little babies will have to take a back seat when the other little baby comes! Imagine their pain?

Anonymous said...

A good doggie mom makes a GREAT grandmother. Never too much love. Kathy

patsyrose said...

I can't wait to see how your little grandbaby will wrap you around it's little finger. Baker will be forgotten...spoiled little beastie!

By the way, pay some attention to the nice dog...Bailey.

Shelley said...

Ha! I so feel vindicated by Mom - Bailey is my girl!!!

Sorry sis, Nick hits close to the truth - you are such a wuss!

Love ya!! :-)