Wednesday 30 May 2007

I will be crying this time next year

but today I am the luckiest person ever. I woke up to a kiss and a card from the love of my life and look forward to seeing RiverDance tonight. I got to work and my Aunt brought me flowers from her garden, I got phone call after phone call from my Momma, my sisters, my boys, my other Aunt and an email from my auntie and from my cousin. Just when I thought it was safe to start working my big barreling boys walked through the office with a Tim Horton Cheese Cake, with candles, singing Happy Birthday with my boss and his wife in tow. My eldest told my to count the candles because they had a significance. Well I was in shock because they had so lovingly gone to all of this trouble. As I counted the candles, starry eyed, I counted '12'. Today I am 49. I couldn't see the significance. Nick was quick to tell me that "Oh ya, '12' months till I am 50!!! Damn kids!! Some day....Tomorrow my sister and niece are taking me to my favorite Italian restaurant. With any luck I can extend this birthday into the weekend!!!!! I feel very loved :)
NEXT YEAR I'M NOT PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

LOL What an awesome birthday!!
You are loved so very much sweetie!!

bluebird of paradise said...

you should feel loved. happy belated birthday. take it from one who knows, there is life after 50 and it gets more interesting as we go..........
love you
auntie m