Tuesday 22 January 2008

Doctor's appointment


13 weeks post accident
10 1/2 weeks post surgery

Doctor says I am a good healer. I asked when I could wear proper shoes and give up this boot. He said I can wear regular shoes in the house if I am very careful but I have to wear the boot for two more weeks when I'm out. He rolled his eyes when I told him my foot feels really good, even when I'm walking barefoot (just around my bed). I didn't dare tell him I was driving too. I can start back at the gym in one month and will start physio now. We talked about the screws coming out in 8 months post surgery. I asked why they had to come out. His answer was because that's what they do. I asked him if they could just stay there if they weren't bothering me and he said yes. Why have surgery to remove them if they aren't bothering me? Just makes sense, plus Shelley already had that thought in my head (thanks Shmelly). I will probably still have swelling for the next couple of months because of the trauma, not unusual. I am thrilled with the progress so far. Just about ready to dance!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

No dancing! :-)

Congrats - good job healing sis!

patsyrose said...

There's a lot less swelling and the foot looks pretty good. I'm still concerned that by driving and braking you could injure it again, though. You really should ask the doctor!!

Kim said...

Its ALL good!
PS - it's just wrinkly looking because I had it stuffed in a running shoe - that was a weird feeling!