Tuesday 29 January 2008

Physio SUPA STAR


14 weeks post accident/ 11 1/2 weeks post surgery

Seems I am a super star! Michelle told me so. She's my new physio therapist. A lisfranc injury is very uncommon so when I spoke with Michelle on the phone I asked her to do some research before we met. She said that she knew she had heard of a lisfranc injury and remembered as something bad. When we met she said I have quite a bad injury. She proceeded to check my foot for flex and (whatever the opposite of flex is LOL). She looked at me like I was pulling her leg. Flex up is the same in both feet and flex down is close. There are some muscles in my foot that need to be strengthened but she was amazed at how much mobility I had. She said she fully expected me to come in with absolutely no movement in my foot. I explained to her that I was very stubborn and had been moving and exercising my foot often. She said I had probably done 90% of the physio I needed all by myself! She doubts I will need a month's worth of physio. I ROCK!!!! Plus, I am a very good healer. Go figure. She will do what she has to then give me direction when I can get back to the gym. As usual, I am thrilled with the progress. PS - had an appointment with Allison the Occupational Therapist and she is also blown away by my progress. She knows of another woman with lisfranc injury (last year) who has resumed running and is wearing heals and doing perfectly well. Allison said that she wasn't doing as well as me at my stage now. Ya baby!!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

You soooooooooooooooooooooooo rock!
Yeah Kimmy!!!!

patsyrose said...

Perseverence usually pays off in the end and you've proven that. Keep up the physio especially for the next year until your foot has had a chance to completely heal on the inside.

Proud of ya!!