Tuesday 15 January 2008

Progress report

12 weeks post accident - 9 1/2 weeks post surgery... I cannot tell you how fantastic this week has been. I got my new car on Friday. I gave up the crutches on Friday night, I decided over the weekend that enough was enough and I was ready to drive again (still wearing the air cast). Getting back my independence means more than you will ever know. Things finally, I mean FINALLY started feeling normal. Still there is the swelling, but even that is getting better. My knee was really sore this week but for the first time today it feels better. The boot is kind of high so there is a bit of a teeter to my walk because of it, probably that's what is bugging my knee. Anyway, progress continues at a nicely rapid pace. Next doc appt. is next Tuesday.

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

You're a survivor, sweetie, and your Momma is damned proud of you!