Monday 26 February 2007

And you kiss your Mother with those lips?????

First I must preface this blog by reminding you that I grew up in a house with 2 sisters - NO brothers.

When I was very little my Dad would come home from work and drop his duffle bag at the front door. I used to love going through it because it always contained such foreign treasures...he used to keep such silly things.

They used to encourage firemen (yes, 'back in the day' they were always men!) to keep physically fit when they weren't fighting fires. They played ping pong and stuff like that. In hind sight, I guess some of the sports were a little more "contact" than that.

Back to the duffle bag. I reached in and found this...thing. I remember thinking it was shaped like a dust mask. It even had a nice soft felt fabric that cushioned my face when I put it on. I searched further in the bag for the strap that held it on your face...I couldn't find anything.

I can't remember if I went to ask my Mom & Dad or if they were watching this whole fiasco, they nearly died laughing when they saw me holding this 'mask' on my FACE!!!!! I could never understand why they laughed so hard. It wasn't until much, much later that I found out I had my father's stinky JOCK on my face!!!

3 comments:

Max and Me said...

now that is something i have never touched let alone put to my face. lol

you have a delightful blog here...i am enjoying my time here.

Shelley said...

ROFLMAO! Then of course, I kissed his stinky foot for an apple on time!!
No wonder we love to torment our kids - we come by it honestly, eh?

Love ya!

patsyrose said...

I remember that time. I also remember Nick doing the same thing so it must be inherited.