Monday 19 February 2007


My first husband very rarely laughed. I mean the kind of laugh that starts deep down in your belly and when it finally finds its way up there is no stopping it. There was one time when we were with friends and he did experience this joy. It is very sad that I remember only one time.

David (my love of 9 years) and I have had some very difficult times. We continue to have serious challenges. Even through these we always find things to laugh at or about. When I think about our relationship this is one constant. We laugh alot. It can be silly things like not being able to say "milk thistle" and having your tongue contort in a million different ways trying and then laughing so hard about it over and over. It can be when we play with our insane dogs (Jack Russells) when they are doing something funny.

It really is enjoying those moments and hanging on to them with dear life through the crap.

I think we are good at that.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

You two really, really are good at that and it's contagious!! I miss your laughter! :-(

Love ya to the moon!

patsyrose said...

You are so lucky to have each other. People who can make you laugh are a gift from heaven.